Tuesday 13 September 2011

Today, one of my professors said "he could care less"...

... I died a little inside. He's clearly never seen this:
This is same professor who made me feel like a decidedly bad Brit, as he took the class through a brief history of Britain in the 18th century, and I realised that most of it was news to me. Now there was the odd name that I recognised, or a war that sounded vaguely familiar, but other than that, I was as ignorant, if not more so, than most of my Canadian classmates. The only fact I did recognise was the premiere of Handel's Messiah in Dublin in 1742, so at least I know the important stuff.
The only other news I have to report is that today it finally rained. The rain has been imminent for a while, and after a day of confusing grey-and-windy-but-still-warm weather, the heavens opened while I was finishing off my dinner. Now my initial reaction, naturally, was "Oh fiddlesticks, I'll have to walk home in this treacherous rain" (or something to that effect). I then, however, in a moment of sheer joy, remembered that every building on this campus is connected to every other building by a series of underground tunnels, which means that I never have to go out in the rain or the cold or the snow. Genius. I love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment