Friday 18 November 2011

*yawn*

Hello, darlings.
Now, if you've ever found yourself thinking, "I wonder what a severely sleep-deprived 19-year-old wearing an awesome hat and holding a cuddly donkey called Hugo looks like" (and, let's face it, who hasn't?) then today is your lucky day...
Mind-blowing, I know. This week has not been kind to me. The past few days have involved a lot of essay writing, a lot of desperately trying to think of things to write about, a lot of stressing out at the keyboard on my laptop for being a pain, not a lot of sleep, and more coffee than anyone should drink in a lifetime. And do you know what? It's not over yet. While I can momentarily bask in the glory of submitting a pretty decent 6-page philosophy paper and a finished 5-page Ulysses paper in the space of two days, I will soon be hit square in the face by the 10-page Brit Lit paper that's due on Tuesday. And the 5-page Shakespeare and 10-page Aboriginal Lit essays that are due the week after. And the 5-page essay on the biggest and most ridiculous mindfuck known to man Finnegans Wake that's due the week after that. For those of you don't care to think in page numbers, that's just short of 4000 words that I've just submitted, and I have another 11,000ish to go. Yipee.
But hey, I shouldn't complain. I'm in Canada, and that's awesome. I'd just quite like it if I didn't have to write the word-count equivalent of two of my final year dissertations in the space of 2-3 weeks. But don't listen to me. My brain is addled.
In other, more exciting news, something snow-like appeared yesterday. :D
It didn't hang around long, but still, it was snow. I no longer feel like Canada is a lie. That does also mean that it's cold, but, as you can see, I am very well equipped with an amazing woolly hat. :)
Orchestra dived straight back into rehearsals yesterday after our wonderful concerts on the weekend. Next in line is a Pops concert, including a good ol' G&S overture, some waltzes, music from Narnia :D, suite from Oliver! (I've had As Long As He Needs Me stuck in my head all day) and "The Beatlecracker" - an emalgamation of the Beatles and The Nutcracker. I'm somewhat skeptical of that last one. No, in fact, I'm very skeptical. We shall see next week how that goes.
I don't think I have any other news. If I do, then my brain is too addled to comprehend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment