Saturday 12 November 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

No, I'm not talking about Christmas. It's only November for goodness' sake! No, I'm talking about concert season! Now, I'm aware that concert season occurs more often than once a year, but "It's the most wonderful time of the term" doesn't quite have the same ring to it, so humour me. Yes, yesterday the saw the beginning of what will be an unusually bare concert season for me. The first Divertimento orchestra concert was wonderful, with, as Michael put it, a certain air of going really well by some happy accident. The Sibelius went along with great gusto without falling apart (hurrah!) and, for me at least, the Faure was basically just 35/40 minutes of basking in the prettiness that is Gabriel Faure, occasionally playing the violin and swooning over the baritone soloist's voice. Happy days. And tonight I get to do it all again! There's also talk of post-concert pub, which makes me happy, because it's been far too long since I went to a pub with musicians.
Yesterday was also Remembrance Day, lest we forget, and being the good little Canadian that I am, I went and sang the national anthem with choir as part of the service. Naturally I hid at the back to disguise the fact that I needed to look at the music for the entire thing, especially the random french interlude. It was a lovely service, and I have a lot of respect for the man playing the bagpipes in a kilt in the freezing cold. I have less respect for the student representative whose skirt was so designed that the slits up the back of it put her arse on show. She could have at least worn tights.
Anyways, enough rambling from me. The rest of the week has been somewhat uneventful, as per usual. The sky was really pretty and pink the other day. I'd have taken a picture, but I didn't have my camera. It was really pretty, though. Really really pretty. Trust me.
I now need to find my black clothes and revel in the excitement of having hangers, so I can finally hang up my clothes :D Oh and I need to play with the pink digger that I got in my Kinder Surprise today, because it's amazing. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment