Tuesday 15 November 2011

Junk food junkie.

My dear readers, I fear that when I return you will not recognise me, for I will have swollen to a size of epic proportions, and I was already a girl of sizable proportions when I left (all insincere "you're not fat" comments welcomely received). My life seems to be one big caffeine and sugar high these days, which is not good. Worry not, I'm still eating fruit and salad and other such nutritious things. But I'm also eating a lot of crap. Mostly ice cream. And chocolate. And beaver tails. And amazing Oreo milkshake thingys. And doughnuts. And Doritos. If you are what you eat, then I am soon to become candyland. A very large candyland, with a river of Tim's coffee through the middle of.
But never mind that.
The important news of the day is that it the birthday of a wonderfully wonderful and amazing and bestest-in-the-whole-wide-world person. Now, I know what you're thinking: "But Hannah, your birthday's not 'til July". And you would be correct. I am, in fact, talking about someone who shares a large amount of my DNA, and is therefore so close to perfection it hurts: my sister. Now, I know that it technically isn't her birthday anymore where she is, but it is here, so frankly that is both irrelevant and irrelephant, and punctuality never was my strong point anyway.
So a big Canadian HAPPY BIRTHDAY goes to the wonderful Rachel, who I love lotses and miss terribly :) <3
Now, I'm going to consume some more coffee and junk food and confine myself to the tv lounge sans internet in the hope of writing some form of philosophy essay. This is the question, for anyone who cares:

Imagine that a man arrives at your door, asking after the whereabouts of your roommate, who is indeed at home. You know, however, that the man at your door intends to do harm to your roommate, indeed to kill him. So you lie and tell the man your roommate is out of the house.  Unbeknownst to you, your roommate has overheard your exchange with the man at the door, whom he knows is after him. Your roommate has therefore snuck out the back door. After you turn away the murderer, he comes upon your roommate sneaking away in the alley, and kills him.
 Have you committed a moral wrong by lying to the murderer?
I like thought experiments, but maybe that's because I'm a bit of a geek. Or maybe I just like the confusion they can create in people's minds. One of the two.
Anyways, since I've managed to get from junk food to moral philosophy in one blog post, I think I should probably stop typing now. Bye, darlings. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment