Tuesday 6 December 2011

I'm alive.

Just thought I'd let you know.
My life is currently one big blur of essays, bizarre sleeping patterns and even more bizarre eating patterns.
But I'm alive.
On Friday I submitted a 10-page paper. Yesterday I submitted a 5-page paper. On Thursday I have an exam. On Friday I have an exam. On Monday I have to submit a 5-page paper on FINNEGANS BLOODY WAKE. On Tuesday all is right with the world, because my sister will be appearing and I can happily ignore the fact that I have two more exams to revise for. Oh and somewhere in there I need to do my home exam. Academia sucks.
Anyways, rant over. I've been somewhat quiet over the past few weeks, and I can only apologise for depriving you of my witty and enlightening insights into Canadian life. Having said that, the owl post was pretty damn awesome.
Highlights of the past couple of weeks have included sleep. Well that's been my personal highlight, anyway. I had my last classes this term, which means no more Joyce class ever. This makes me sad. I'm going to miss Adam and Travis and the filthy banter that Joyce inspires. It's strange to think that the first term is almost over. In two and a half weeks I shall be back in sunny Britain. I know you all can't wait to see me, so be sure to form an orderly queue at the front door and I'll be sure to get through as many of you as possible. Those who come bearing gifts will get VIP access. What can I say? I'm fickle.
I've recently discovered that there is nothing more hilarious than a Canadian trying to pronounce "tomato" the British way. No, really. I've also discovered that some Canadians, and Australians, do not believe our darling United Kingdom to be part of Europe. This baffled me, and I desperately tried to tell them that we really are, but they didn't believe me.
Um, not a lot else to report. I bought a shiny pink dress. It's ridiculous and it was on sale, therefore it is awesome. I also tidied my room. Now for those of you who don't know me (I'm looking at you, readers in Latvia, Lithuania and Russia) this may not seem particularl significant. To those of you who do know me, you're probably still recovering from the shock. I'll give you a moment to recover. Lie down. Have a cup of tea. Maybe don't try to drink the tea while lying down. I really shouldn't be allowed to give advice.
Recovered now? Good. Yes, the notorious mess of Hannah's room has been tidied. The sweet wrappers have been disposed of, the clothes are hung up/folded on the shelf, the floor can be seen and my laptop will actually fit on my desk. Given that my room usually (to quote one of my flatmates last year) "looks like Baghdad," this is a notable improvement. Plus I put up some more decorations, so it looks really pretty.
As you can see, my lack of blogging has caused you to miss out on some serious excitement, and I don't want your brain to explode from the sheer awesomeness of my life, so I shall cease writing and go to bed. I have a lot of Shakespeare to read tomorrow.
I bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment